Salinas Municipal Airport
Salinas Airport (KSNS) is located in Salinas, California, only 45 nautical miles south of San Jose International Airport and 12 nautical miles east of Monterey. The weather is very good, the airport is not busy and the local scenery is awesome.
70 Mortensen Ave., Salinas, CA 93905
Our office is located inside the main terminal. While it is not staffed, our renters and students have access to the airplanes and scheduling 24-hours a day. You can reach either our Monterey office at (831) 373-8320 or our San Jose office at (408) 320-9614 during normal business hours (9 am-5 pm) 7 days per week for assistance with scheduling or questions.
Salinas has two long and wide runways, 6000’x150′ and 4800’x150′, instrument approaches including ILS, VOR and GPS, a control tower open from early morning till evening, public transport nearby, on-site rental cars, the Landing Zone restaurant, inexpensive accommodation and living costs, and lots of fun flying. Yet when you have done flying, you can drive to San Francisco in less than two hours!
- Frequencies: ATIS 124.85; Tower 119.40; Ground 121.70, Unicom 122.95
Other: FSS Oakland Radio 122.65; NORCAL Approach/Departure 133.00
- Check out the weather at Salinas airport (ATIS/METAR)
- Get the latest Terminal Aerodrome Forecast (TAF) for Salinas Airportl
- For detailed information see the City page about the airport, or check out AirNav
- There’s also an active Salinas Pilots’ Association – SOPA