Always Dreamed of Flying?
Experience the freedom
Beginners to Advanced
Learn to fly with us!
Give the Gift of Flight
Introductory Flight Lessons and Tours
Flights departing daily
Train with the Best
Discover What Aviation has to Offer
Fly a variety of aircraft
Learn to fly stick and rudder
Sport or Private Pilot
Enjoy earning your license
Get actual IFR during training
Commercial, Instructor, & ATP
Earn Private, Commercial or ATP AMEL
Transition to Tailwheel
With California's fun flight school
Upset Recovery, Spin Training & Aerobatics
Become a better pilot
Mountain Flying Courses
Why drive to Tahoe or Mammoth?
Fly with Confidence
Expand your horizons
Fly in California
The beautiful weather advantage
Excellence in flight training since 1960
62 years and thousands of successful pilots!
AeroDynamic Aviation® began flight training in San Jose, California, in 1960. We offer flight training to all levels of pilots in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our flight school expanded in recent years to include locations in Salinas and Monterey. Our team of knowledgeable instructors create a comfortable, friendly environment for the people they train. With experience in many different aircraft and teaching purely for their love of aviation, our instructors will guide you through any flight experience you ask for. From airline pilots, corporate pilots, aerobatic pilots, Gold Seal and Master CFIs, AeroDynamic’s flight instructors are the best in the industry. Their exceptional service earned us the title of AOPA 2018 & 2017 Distinguished Flight School, Cloud 9 Living’s Legendary Experience Provider Awards and Best of Groupon Awards. In 2021 we were featured on World’s Greatest TV as their choice for Flight School!
- December 1st at 5 pm PST: Jason Brown’s Memorial Scholarship applications are due. This $2,000 scholarship is open to all pilots seeking tailwheel training, including tailwheel endorsement, mountain flying, upset/spin recovery, aerobatics, and more. Please click here to read the full application details.
- Saturday, December 3rd, at 9 am, “Cross-Country Flight Planning” WINGS seminar. Former Navy pilot and current AeroDynamic stage check instructor Graham will review the most common topics students and Private pilots falter on during their stage checks and flight reviews. Learn not just how to pass the exam regarding these topics, but become a better pilot by digging deeper into fundamental aspects of flying safely. Mastering these topics will increase your confidence and propel you forward in your aviation career. This seminar can be attended in person at AeroDynamic’s KRHV classroom or online via Google Meet. Please pre-register for this seminar with FAAsafety through the following links for the in-person seminar. To attend our online webinar, click here. To receive credit for the online seminar, please fill out this form after the meeting.
- Saturday, December 10th, at 1 pm, “Flying to Alaska” WINGS seminar. Our Chief Instructor Jen recently flew to and throughout Alaska. She will be joined by Private Pilot Alex, who also traveled to Alaska but had different experiences. Together they will cover flying over and into Canada, including unscheduled border stops, as well as the intricacies of flying around land of the midnight sun. This seminar can be attended in person at AeroDynamic’s KRHV classroom or online via Google Meet. Please pre-register for this seminar with FAAsafety through the following links for the in-person seminar. To attend our online webinar, click here. To receive credit for the online seminar, please fill out this form after the meeting.
- Saturday, December 10th, our annual “Holiday in the Hangar” party kicks off at 6 pm. Join the pilot festivities as we turn our hangar into a party scene complete with catering from Boston Market, open bar, white elephant gift exchange, paper airplane and ugly sweater contests, aviation trivia, prizes, and more. Bring a dish, dessert or drink to share. Everyone is welcome and kids love the chocolate fountain Dianne usually brings.
- Saturday, December 17th, WINGS seminar. CFI and AME Matthew Tripp will be presenting an in-person seminar on the requirements for each type of medical, exemptions, SODA tests, use of medication, and answer many of the questions we all have about FAA medical certification. Full details including registration will be coming soon.
- January 28, 2023: Private/Sport Pilot Ground School begins. Join us in person at our San Jose location or online every Saturday morning from 9 am to 12 pm. Classes will be taught by stage check instructor Graham Harbman. Register by calling our Reid-Hillview office (408) 320-9614 or email email@example.com. Click here for full details.
- We have 6 new instructors beginning in August at our San Jose location and 1 at our Monterey/Salinas location. Please check our CFI sheet to see which instructors can teach what ratings and in which airplanes by clicking here.
- Redbird simulator at Reid-Hillview! Click here for details.
- AeroDynamic swag available for sale including hoodies, hats, beanies, patches, t-shirts and coozies. Stop by our San Jose or Monterey office to purchase.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter for upcoming events, recent accomplishments, and more.
In Recent News
From beginners to advanced, we train it all!
Our tailwheel fleet includes Citabria, Decathlon, Maule and Stinson for flight training and rental. We make the tailwheel transition easy and affordable for you, while making you proficient to fly many taildraggers. We also have a selection of tricycle-gear airplanes such as Evektor SportStar light sport (LSA), Cessna 172, 172RG, Piper Arrow and Twin Comanche for all pilot licenses and ratings. The newest certification for commercial drone operation can also be completed with one of our instructors. Whether you’ve always dreamed of becoming a pilot, have an insane desire to tumble through the air in an aerobatic aircraft or you want to continue to advanced flight training, AeroDynamic Aviation can take you to a whole new level!
See AeroDynamic Aviation® featured as the World’s Greatest TV Flight School!
Our California flight school facilities are located at Reid Hillview airport in San Jose (KRHV), Salinas Municipal Airport (KSNS) in Salinas; and at Monterey Regional Airport (KMRY) in Monterey. We offer a full selection of Gift Certificates ranging from first flight experience to aerobatic thrills. Whether birthday, anniversary, wedding proposal or holidays, this is a gift they will never forget.
Where to begin…We offer a full array of flight courses whether you are just beginning your training, coming back to aviation, or pursuing a pilot career. Click here to see a full list of our flight training programs or browse our gift certificates if you’re new to flying.