Sport/Private Pilot Ground School
At Reid-Hillview Airport in San Jose
We offer a new style of Ground School – one designed to prepare you for the knowledge and judgment required to be a safe, competent pilot capable of making informed decisions. Each class will go in depth on Tasks in the Airman Certification Standards (ACS), which are the standards you must meet or exceed during the final examination (checkride) to earn your pilot license. This course will develop your understanding of what to study, teach you the expectations of knowledge, skill and judgment to become a private or sport pilot, and prepare you for the oral portion of the checkride.
This class is a cost-saving alternative to much of the ground instruction you will need with your instructor. It is also a great way to meet other students and develop friendships with people of all ages going through the same experience you are. We recommend attending class as you begin flight training or concurrently if you’ve already begun flying. Class will be taught by our flight instructors, all of whom are actively teaching both flight & ground training with us.
Private/Sport Practical Test Ground School – $300
Our 2019 Winter session begins January 25th and ends March 28th. Class is every Saturday from 10 am to 1 pm for 10 weeks. Call the office at (408) 320-9614 to enroll or email email@example.com.
- January 25: Pilot Qualifications
- February 1: Airworthiness Requirements
- February 8: Performance, Limitations, Weight & Balance
- February 15: Operation of Systems, Systems and Equipment Malfunctions, and Emergency Equipment
- February 22: Aerodynamics, Spin Awareness, Human Factors & NTSB
- February 29: National Airspace System, ATC Communication, Collision & Wake Turbulence Avoidance
- March 7: Weather Theory
- March 14: Weather Sources
- March 21: Cross-Country Flight Planning & Night Preparation
- March 28: Radio Navigation & Final Review
Cost is for the entire course, books and materials not included, or you may take individual classes for $40 per session. You can join the class at any point and continue through the next session, or simply drop in for sessions that interest you. To get the most out of the class, some homework and studying is required.
Ready to schedule a flight? Have a question? Give us a call!
Monterey/Salinas (831) 373-8320
You can also reach us via email with our Contact Form