In July 2022, AeroDynamic Chief Instructor Jen set off from Sacramento with her family of 7 in a Maule M5 and Cessna 170 to fly around Alaska for over two weeks. At the same time, newly certificated Private Pilot Alex set off in his Maule M7 from San Jose. Their plan was to meet up at some point. Below is the WINGS seminar/webinar to watch to hear about their adventures and whether they actually got to be in the same place at the same time.
- Flying into or over Canada
- Flight planning and fuel stops
- Tackling the challenging weather and weather resources
- Diversions and emergencies (find out if you can really land on a highway!)
- Photos of the incredibly scenery
- Glaciers, rivers, and bears…oh my!
- Must-see places to fly to
- Hotels, camping or cabins
- Emergency equipment and survival gear