Holiday Quiz 2011 – ResultsDec 28 2011 · 0 comments · Events, News
AeroDynamic Aviation Holiday Quiz 2011 Answers
- Match up the restaurant with the airport
1. Columbia Jack Douglass Saloon
2. Half Moon Bay Barbara’s Fishtrap
3. Lee Vining Whoa Nellie Deli
4. Livermore Beeb’s Sportsbar & Grill
5. Redding Peter Chu’s Skyroom
6. Monterey Peninsula Golden Tee
7. Palo Alto Ming’s
8. Salinas The Landing Zone
9. Sonoma County Sky Lounge
10. Watts Woodland Yolo Fliers Club
- Where, other than Frazier Lake, can you land on a grass runway?
- Which airport is named after the creator of the Peanuts cartoons?
Charles M. Schultz, Sonoma County
- The use of alcohol and drugs by pilots is regulated by CFR 91.17. Among other provisions, this regulation states that no person may operate or attempt to operate an aircraft with a blood alcohol content of _0.04_% or greater.
- Match up the airport hazards
1. Oceano Be alert for kites flown along beach 1/2 mile west of ry
2. Klamath Glen Mountain flying experience recommended
3. Shelter Cove Expect Crosswinds, downdrafts and extdd periods of fog
4. Catalina Pilots cannot see acft on opposite ends of rwy
5. Gravelly Valley No Lndg on ry 19 due to hill NE of arpt
6. Lake Tahoe Arpt surrounded on E; S & W by rapidly rising terrain
- Where can you fly in to enjoy a Shakespeare play under the stars?
- You’re giving Santa a lift in Citabria N53893 (Empty weight including unusable fuel and oil is 1115.0 lbs, Moment=12042 inch-lbs). His weight is 260 lbs. Assuming you are a standard FAA weight of 170 lbs, how much fuel can you carry (to the nearest gallon)?
- For which girl will you have to fly not just cross-country, but across the continent?
Marianna Airport, FL (All others in California, except Jean, NV)
- You’re on final, inbound for landing, when Tower tells you to Go around. What do they want you to do?
Climb back up and continue round the pattern
- Which of these airports qualify as Cross Country destinations from Reid Hillview?
Harris Ranch, Kingdon, Napa, Oceano (over 50 miles away)
- Where can you land on a dry lakebed?
- Which is the odd one out?
Weed (yep, it’s not a tree!)
- You’re enjoying a holiday party, but you have an early flight at 7:30am tomorrow morning. When must you stop drinking any more alcohol?
11:30pm (8 hours bottle to throttle)
- Where can you fly in to visit the fictional town of Cabot Cove, Maine as shown in the TV series Murder She Wrote?
Little River for Mendocino
- Which airport is named after a well-known comedian?
Bob Hope, Burbank
- In which type of aircraft is a three point landing a BAD thing?
- Where can you fly in for a Hot Springs experience where clothing is optional in the pools?
Sierraville Dearwater for Sierra Hot Springs
- Can you identify this lighthouse?
- Which of these airports qualify as Cross Country destinations from Salinas?
Half Moon Bay, Harris Ranch, Kingdon, Napa, Oceano, Stockton (over 50 miles away)
- Place these airports in order of pattern altitude – from lowest to highest
Calipatria 618’ MSL
Hayward Executive 652’
Furnace Creek 790’
Trinity Center 3190’
Lake Tahoe 7500’
Lee Vining 7602’
Big Bear City 7952’
Mammoth Yosemite 8007’
- Where are these airport attractions?
1. San Carlos Hiller Aviation Museum
2. King City Sean Tucker Aerobatic School
3. Nut Tree Vacaville Outlet Mall
4. Petaluma Airport Muse
5. Lee Vining Mono Lake
- How many public airports are there in California where the runway is BELOW sea-level?
6: Furnace Creek -210’, Calipatra -182’, Brawley -128’, Jacqueline Cochran -115’, Salton Sea -84’, Imperial -54’
- Tower tells you that you’re Cleared for the option. What have they given you permission to do?
Land on the specified runway
Make a stop and go landing
Make a touch and go landing
Make a low pass over the airport
- Match up the airport names
1. Little River
2. Lone Pine
3. Long Beach
4. Lost Hills
5. Red Bluff
6. Round Valley
- Which is the odd one out?
Spaceport America Airport, Truth or Consequences, NM is the only one that is actually a spaceport, purpose built for commercial space operations.